7. Remove the two main jets, using Snap-On Tool No. TMC-36A.
Figure 16. Removing Pump Operating Rod Stud
8. Remove the pump link retainer and slide the pump link assembly out of its position. With an open end wrench, remove the pump link stud.
Figure 17. Removing Accelerating Pump
9. Remove the pump operating spring from the pump operating rod. Some carburetor models also have two washers and a felt seal.
10. Slide the accelerating pump assembly out of the main body and disassemble. Remove the return spring off the pump rod. Depress the pump operating rod from the pump piston assembly. Remove the spring and washer from the pump piston assembly.
Figure 18. Removing Pump Check Valve
Figure 19. Removing Fuel Inlet Fitting
13. Remove the two throttle body screws and lockwashers and separate the main body and throttle body.
11. With Snap-On Tool No. MC-95, remove the pump check valve retainer spring. Tilt the carburetor to remove the check valve ball.
14. Remove and discard the main body to throttle body gasket.
12. Remove the fuel inlet fitting, gasket, filter screen assembly and filter screen retainer spring. Discard the gasket.